Tweens can be hard to buy for. Not yet teenagers but still not kids. Having to find the perfect gift for one can be difficult if you aren’t used to their company. Here’s a list I came up with to help you find the perfect gift for your family or friend Tween on your list this year!
- Girls love boots!: House/lounge boots instead of slippers are a great choice. Anything Boots! Esp. the fuzzy ones.
- Some new board games: (act out, 20 questions, truth or dare, etc) girls at this age love slumber parties. At my house the games come out late at night!
- Craft kits: Found at local hobby shops you can find homemade spa, pedicure, painting rocks, jewelry making and others). Always a big hit with mine.
- Overnight bags: These girls are on the go. The have their weekends planned and a sporty new overnight bag is something to brag about.
- Accessories: Hair accessories like clips and bows, gloves, scarfs, hats. Fingerless gloves are “super cool” right now..esp with a matching scarf
- Sports: yes, girls like sports. Especially at this age. If you can ask a parent their favorite-great, if not…anything outdoor ball. Soccer, basketball, softball, band mitten. Maybe they like Cheer and Gymnastics…if so, how about a mat for their tumbling?
- Video games: Handhelds are in! Find out what system they have and add to their collection of games
- Nail Polish: Make her day with a few bright colors of polish. Lime green, blue, yellow, orange. My tween likes to paint each nail a new color or choose a pattern.
- Mini Locker or locked jewelry box: Privacy is a big deal. It’s cool to lock up only what they and their BFF’s can see
- Diary or Journal: Prime time for one of these!
- Sports: Baseballs, basketballs, footballs. Anything that causes them to get out and play a contact sport!
- Video games: Just like the girls, find out their system and add to their collection.
- Wierd Science Kits: you can find these kits at the local hobby store too. They can make chemistry projects, etc and little boys love this stuff!
- Models: It’s prime time to build a rocket, spaceship or race car!
- Nerf shooters: anything that shoots a nerf ball or arrow. Better ask mom first, but they love them.
- Football jerseys: who’s their favorite team ? get the jersey, you’re a hit! (can’t find a jersey? team sweatshirts are super cool too)
- Games: find a game that pops up, interacts or involves a robot and they’re happy.
- Pogo Sticks: Jumping up and down is right up their ally.
- Paint ball: again you better ask their mom first, but paint ball and all accessories is something they all love.
- Remote control: anything remote control…cars, boats, helicopters. You simply can’t go wrong if it’s remote control!
Here’s a few things you can give to boys or girls at this age:
Movie passes, tickets to an event, gift cards to the game store, pajamas, winter hats, gift cards to load their mp3 players (if they use apple products, an itunes gift card), cd’s, rubber boots, app store credits, locked boxes for personal items, toy store gift cards, posters for their rooms, magazine subscriptions, tickets to a sport event or silly slippers, bag full of small things that would be stocking stuffers( this group .
My house is full of tweens everyday, these are the items I hear from boys and girls alike. Hope this list helps!