Our Halloween Saturday
It’s that time again, ghosts and goblins, a witches brew. Carving pumpkins and finding the perfect costume. My girls are so ready. I’m sure they love the candy most…but mom loves it all. Seeing them all dressed up in their costumes is so precious to me. We’re still deciding who’s going to be what. As of today we have one Scooby Do and one Daisy Duck wanna be’s. I never allow them to dress in anything scary. Run #1 around here…Halloween is fun, we’ll keep it on a fun level and someone else can do the hauntings and creepy stuff. (mine are too little).
Today we’re going to get our decorations out, clean up the yard (the squirrels are doing a number on the pine cones) and get this show going. It’s too hot here to carve pumpkins yet. They will rot long before halloween. It’s tradition to carve pumpkins just a couple of nights before. Gives the girls something to do when they feel anxious waiting and are asking “how many more days?
By nightfall we should have this place upside down and back to rightside up. I’m looking forward to the day outside with them.
About tweenspotI am like so many moms raising young girls, scared I'm doing the right thing and learning with pure amazement at the same time! I feel like I have become my mother (don't we all)..my favorite phrase is "today things are so different than when I/we grew up". The absolute hysteria in that phrase scares me too. I don't want to be scared. I like to think that as a professional, working, college educated women that I can embrace the world we live in. That's why I have been researching Tweens, what they like, do, what's hot and what's trends are going to cost me a fortune in the future! My little girls are the love of my life. By creating this blog, I want a safe internet place for girls and moms to share. This blog is in the infancy stage, but I have big plans for it. So stay tuned.... Read, enjoy, comment. Visit as often as you'd like. I hope together we can build a community for girls and moms to explore, learn and share with one another.
- RT @BethAld16: New authors should create pages at Goodreads, Amazon Author Central and @BookBub https://t.co/H81j4vIDnh 9 hours ago
- RT @BethAld16: Yay Andrea!!! twitter.com/andrea_hinckle… 9 hours ago
- RT @BethAld16: Any books from #JamesPatterson-I took an online writing class w/him. He’s charming, gifted, & inspiring. #PinkSlipsNovel #30… 9 hours ago
- @BethAld16 i am going. to order Beth! cant wait to read it. 9 hours ago
- RT @BethAld16: I love #PinkSlipsNovel It’s full of twists & suspense. The perfect summer travel & beach read. A must-read. #30Seconds 9 hours ago